Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, June 25

Last Day

Well, its the last day here at ole Interim Central library. (I hate that Interim crap, btw.) Anyway, I've had a few usuals, but its been a relatively tame day. Pretty darned uneventful, even. I'm not complaining, mind you. I will pleased as punch when I walk out of here. I will miss all my friends, though. I know I'm not going that far away. I'll see them at meetings, I'll see them at lunch. I'll see them (and hear from them) when I do something wrong, I'm sure. I expect to do a lot wrong for at least the first six months......maybe even longer if I can get away with it! At any rate, it still seems odd to be going to a new place on Monday. A new building. A new desk. New people surrounding me..... It'll just take some getting used to.

I had lunch today with BBS and PPC. (Thanks, PPC! You DEFINITELY make the blog today!) I think if anything will give me separation anxiety, it will be being away from my girls.

And, to top it off, the @#$# Cubs scored 4 in the top of the 1st inning! What kind of bizarro world is this!

Tomorrow, its off to ALA. I've been working in libraries for 13 years and I've never set foot at an ALA convention. But, a co-worker of mine got free passes for the exhibit floor, and we're going to scam free stuff talk with vendors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home