Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, April 24

A bit of catch up

Things I've listened to lately:

Tis by Frank McCourt.

I don't like audio books. I know I keep saying this, and its true. But......I like this one. I read Angela's Ashes, and it was depressing as all hell. I was intrigued, though, and thought I would give this a try. It was excellent. Not nearly as depressing as Angela's Ashes, but I couldn't help but want to slap McCourt at times. Why do men do such STUPID things? He reads this book himself so you can hear the sheepish in his voice when he recounts some of the stupider things. Maybe that's why I liked it. Its written, and read, very honestly.

Carmen McRae -- The Great American Songbook


She looks like an opera singer, but she's not. Very much jazz. Kind of blues. Its like if Billie Holiday and Dinah Washington were to have a baby, it would be Carmen McRae. Wow. What a voice. I don't know where she's been all my life, but I've been missing out! Now I have to go back and see what else we have by her and listen to it all. So. Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home