Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Friday, April 27

New Books -- picture book edition

Since I won't be reading much until after finals.......Yay! Picture books for adults.



This one was my favorite: Creole Houses Traditional Homes of Old Louisiana Beautiful pictures of old houses, inside and out. You might learn something too.....if you read. But I didn't. I just looked at the pretty pictures.





New Architecture: an international atlas: This one is less exciting. Still beautiful pictures from different structures, but, well, I guess you really need to know (or care) about architecture to appreciate it. If that describes you, though, then have at it!







Sock Monkeys: 200 out of 1,863 This book scared the bejesus out of me. Picture after picture of sock moneys. I had no idea I would find it that disturbing. I did. I put it away. Quickly.





Mexicocina: the spirit and style of the Mexican kitchen You would think, from the title, that this might be a cookbook. While there are some recipes hidden in here, it is mostly a book on the style and design of Mexican kitchens. I know, I know. It says style in the subtitle. Still, when I picked it up, I thought it would be a cookbook. Still a very interesting book.






The World's Top Photographers: Landscape: and the stories behind their greatest images: Pretty Pictures!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home