Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, October 13

A book I *did* actually read


Or looked at since it's a book of photography. I'm not sure of the politics of this guy, and, normally, I would say it doesn't matter. But, he makes these people look so damn crazy, I'm curious.
Of course, crazy is in the eye of the beholder, so maybe they just looked crazy to me. That could very well be the case.
The one "bad" review on Amazon, said it had too many inaccuracies (?) and didn't represent a "true cross-section of America." I have no idea what the first means, because, aside from a brief 3 or 4 page intro, most of the "text" are quotes from individuals being photographed. Hard to contest the accuracy there. And, even if you could contest it, surely you could only contest the accuracy as pertaining only to your personal statement. Anyway, the cross section comment is off base as well. I thought he represented several places, some I didn't expect to see represented, and it was done well.
I did get a kick out of how many gun owners were photographed with their pets. I did not get a kick out of how many gun owners were photographed with their children holding the guns. Not cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home