Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, October 16

Jesus is on the main line

I've had this song in my head since yesterday. I've listened to many other songs since then, this one remains. Here's the story:

Yesterday (Friday) someone at work mentioned Bush had God's beeper number. Another silly co-worker said "call him up and tell him what you want" which is a line from the song. That's it. That's all it took to get a song absolutely and completely STUCK in my head.

To make matters even worse, most churches don't even SING this song anymore! If you find an old school church with an old school congregation, you might hear it. You know, a church that doesn't like those "new gospel" songs. An "old time religion" chuch. (which is another song I don't need stuck in my head....) Anyway, the point being that I haven't heard this song in a long time, but its still right there. That is scary. If only I could remember other things so easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home