Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, November 6

A Lovely Day

When I woke up this morning, I was pissed off. I don't know why. Its that "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" thing. The first thing I thought of was a blog post I was going to do. "What radical Supreme Court ruling (besides Roe v. Wade) would you most like to undo?" I had two at the top of my list. Loving v. Virginia, and Brown v. Board. Overturn both of 'em. Damn activist judges. We won't have anymore of that BS now that The Great One is in office for another 4.

But, then I went outside and it was a gorgeous day. I grumbled the entire way down to the law school for the 1L career kick off. It was gonna be packed. I wasn't gonna find a place to park. I didn't wanna be there all day. I had shit to do. I had to clean my house....blah blah blah. But you know what? I walk in, I see all my friends are there. I couldn't help but smile. We go into the program, and its fun! I mean, you know, as fun as sitting around can be. We laugh, we chat, we learn some important stuff. It was a good time. I think my mood had more to do with the recent crappy weather and its amazing what a little sunshine will do for that. Then, I get home, hop online and go over to Neurosis' blog, and start laughing. I don't know where he finds them, but he always has the best editorial cartoons up. Things like that just remind me to stop feeling sorry for myself. Life isn't nearly as bad as all that. But man, waking up with me this morning, the mood I was in, might have been grounds for divorce!

Anyway, so if anyone has any SC rulings they'd like to overturn, drop them in the comments field. We'll all get a laugh out of it. I've named my two.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home