Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Sunday, July 31

13 days till football

Oh, don't get so excited. I'm talking about soccer. Premier league play starts up again on August 13th. Long seasons, short off seasons. Just another reason to love it.

As usual, I have to pick my newly promoted team to root for, and I think its going to be Wigan Athletic. And, also as usual, newly promoted teams are usually relegated back down by the end of the season. (another reason to love English soccer!) I like to pick one underdog to root for, though, in addition to my Reds.

In other Premier League news, the race for Michael Owen is on. After only one year out of the league, he's looking to leave Spain and come home. Or, Real Madrid is looking to cut him loose....whatever. Makes one wonder why he left Liverpool in the first place. Although, if his dream was really to play for Real Madrid, then I guess that is understandable. Somehow, though, I think it was just for the money. (she's so cynical!) It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out before the season begins. Almost as interesting as the Arsenal/Patrick Viera/Real Madrid drama prior to last season's start.

I know, I know. Nobody cares about this but me. But, you know what? Its my blog. So there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home