Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, July 11

We've Got Harry

Harry Potter, that is. Was delivered on Saturday and the boxes were opened this morning. 400 bright and shining copies ready to be devoured by people who aren't quite crazy enough to stand in line at Borders at midnight. There has been a royal edict that the copies WILL be ready and in the branches by opening on Saturday morning. Which means, basically, that they have to leave here by Thursday. As they come to us mostly shelf ready, this isn't too much of a problem.

Last time, I was #1 on the hold list. Feeling guilty, I waited awhile before adding my name to this list. That means I'm #420 this time around. Not so bad given we have 400 copies, but still, I won't be one of the lucky ones on Saturday morning.

And yes, I did think about taking one out of the box and reading part of it on my lunch hour..... I was told, in no uncertain terms, that this was NOT an option. Damn Potter police.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home