Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, September 3

Its Morning in America

Hey, every now and then you might see a Reagan quote around here. He was an actor. He had great quotes (and great speechwriters.) Not my fault.

Anyway, Bill Maher seems to think we have gotten our press corps. back. I think certain members of the press may have woken up (have I mentioned today how much I am loving Anderson Cooper these days?) But, I wouldn't go so far as to say we have them back. If its morning in America, its still very early morning. I'll go so far as to say they're wiping the sleep from their eyes. Good for them. The usual right shills are very, very quiet these days. (What'd ya say, Hannity? Tucker Carlson? Hmmm? I can't hear ya.)

Speaking of right wing shills, one of my profs sounds VERY MUCH like Rush Limbaugh. Its.....kind of crazy listening to him in class. Its uncanny, really. I mean in a
taste listenting test, I wouldn't know the difference.

He coulda been a contender....

Hop on over to Kelly's blog and leave her a message as she jets off to Nola to put her money where her mouth is and help some people out. God bless her for doing that. Truly. She's asked for prayers and good wishes, and so I expect my readers (most of which also read her blog) to do exactly that. But do more than read. Even if you normally don't visit there, or post there, just drop a quick note in the comments to let her know you're thinking about her. I'm sure it'd mean a lot.

My dad tells me that one of his cousin's sisters (ya'll get that?) was evac'd to the Astrodome. The other two are MIA. I wouldn't know these women if they walked into my living room right now, but I'm sure they would know me. I get a lot of that from older relatives that I haven't seen in awhile. I hope they're in the throngs of people I'm seeing on TV and their more immediate family finds them safe and (relatively) sound.

More on NOLA later. I'm sure you all can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home