Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Sunday, October 9

Hey 18 (with apologies to Steely Dan)

18 innings of fun, and the Astros move on to meet the Cardinals in the NLCS. Honestly, I'm not an Astros fan and I'm not a Braves fan, so I don't know why I was watching anyway. Maybe because it was baseball. Maybe because the idea of watching the Colts beat up on the 49ers could get nothing out of me except a yawn.

At first, I was going back and forth between the baseball game and the football game. It was 6-1, and not much happening. I figured the Braves were going to win, and push it to a deciding game 5 tomorrow in Hotlanta. So, I go take a shower. Come back, its all tied up and we're going into extra innings.

And boy did we get extra innings! When it goes on that long, you know that players are getting tired, and one mistake is going to be the ballgame.

One mistake, which led to a Chris Burke homerun, was the ballgame. The longest baseball game in playoff history. Damn thing made ME tired!

And now I'm off to pick up one of my bestest friends from the airport.

(and yes, I know the song is Hey Nineteen, but they didn't play nineteen innings, did they? No, they didn't.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home