Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, December 1

I cannot stop myself

I have stacks of books at home. Stacks. This is nothing new, because I always have stacks of book at home waiting to be read.

Why?

Because I am a book addict. Seriously. I always have been. Always.

True story: when I was 2, I memorized The House that Jack Built. It was my favorite book. I think it was absolutely required reading at least six times a day. Okay, maybe not six. Although, if my sister tells this story, it increases to about 600..... and toddler Robin became wonderly wroth with readers who decided to try and trick her by saying the story out of sequence.

Don't do that.


But, I digress.

So, my love affair with books started early. Kind of like my love affair with the phone...... again, I digress.

Books. The only thing is, I have no time to read these books. Yet, I still bring them home. Hope, after all, springs eternal. SOMEDAY, I'll have time to read everything I want, right? Someday starts December 19th.

And we'll see how many I can get through in a month. Although, I have cheated, and already started on this book. I had said I would never read it. Even now, reading the Amazon description, I cringe. This may be what its described as, but I don't think its an accurate description. But, then, maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anyway, one of my co-workers.....kept mentioning the book. So, I checked it out. It is soooo addictive. And if I keep reading it when I should be studying, I may not be back in school next semester. If that happens, I hope she knows I'm moving in with her and her husband to live in their basement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home