Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, April 25

Hmmmmm

So, my dad went to his "neighborhood" reunion over the weekend in Chicago. Because so many of the people who grew up in his neighborhood went to different high schools (don't ask me why, I have no idea. Its Chicago. They're crazy) they decided to get together and have a neighborhood reunion. This isn't the first one they've had. There was one about two years ago. Anyway, he was grumbling about going so of course he had a great time. I think he said he hasn't lived in Chicago since 1955.

Jesus Mary and Joseph, that's a long time! Anyway, I got to hear all about it last night. One of the guys my dad went to school with is an artist who had sculptures up around the campus of my undergrad. Small world, huh?


Anyway, I also got to hear about my cousin who has been having kind of a rough week. One of her sons was in the hospital with a collapsed lung a few weeks ago. He's better now, out and about, but he seems to have developed another blood clot. He's on blood thinners, and will be for the next 6-8 months. Kind of sucks for him because, besides being sick, its finals time. He's a.....junior, I believe, at one of the colleges in Oshkosh, Wisc. I'm up on the family shit, huh? I believe its UW-Oshkosh, but don't quote me on that.

Her other son, on the other hand, is not in Oshkosh. He's in Iraq. And she jumps every time the phone rings, hoping it isn't bad news on that front. Watching the news is something she hates to do, but has to do on the off chance that she might get a glimpse of him. She hasn't yet.

Kind of makes my stupid Contracts final seem a little less significant......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home