Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, October 10

From the front lines

I nearly laughed myself sick when I read this email. This is especially for you, KP.



I had to share this with all of you because we all got such a laugh out of this here at Franklin Road. Tonight a teenager came in and said she needed a book by Scarlett Johansson called The Hawthornian. When I looked at her with puzzlement (my thinking, what kind of book would this actress have written?), she said in a very disgusted voice, my English teacher told us to get it. He said it’s a big book that everybody would have. When I asked if it was Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter, she said with relief, yes, that’s it. What a hoot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home