Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Wednesday, November 14

Shiny. Pretty.

A trio of cool books showed up on my radar today. Of course I took ample time to flip through each one.

Yay! A book about sitcoms. I always tell people that I don't like sitcoms (Scrubs being the exception, of course.) But, when I look through this book, I realize that I certainly used to like them. A book full of shows ranging from the early 50s to....well....Scrubs. Fascinating. I may have to buy this one for myself. Great Christmas present for the TV fan on your list.





If you're a fan of 24, you need this book. Everything you have ever wanted to know about the show (including details on guns and gear) is in the pages of this book. It is just cool! And, with the WGA strike, it looks like S7 is going to be delayed. If you need your fix (and you want to forget the lameness that was S6) this book is for you.



Godfather fans (and who isn't?) will absolutely love this book. I wasn't sure about it when I ordered it. Screenplays appeal to a very, very small percent of people around here. But, when I actually saw it, it is so much more than "just a screenplay". Yes, it is that. But there is so much behind the scenes info, and information about Italian culture as well as the movie, that I think it'll buck the trend and be very popular. I couldn't tear myself away. I'm definitely going to check it out and peruse it while watching the movie. After finals, of course. I suggest you do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home