Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, June 1

Yikes

What makes the hours of 8am-12noon seem like the LONGEST stretch of time in the world? When you have a meeting that completely saps all life, air and brain cells out of the room, that's what. If someone says to you "Feasibility Training" in ANY form (training of feasibility, FT, feasible training, trains to the planet of Feasibility) run. Run like the wind. I've had root canals (2 to be exact.) I've had oral surgery. I've watched the Raiders lose the superbowl to the Tampa Bay Bucs. THAT was painful. Feasibility Training is worse than that. And, at the risk of hurting someone's feelings, it isn't so much topic as the instructor! I'm sure she won't be reading my blog, but just in case....I won't mention any names. Horrible. I would never advocate violence (in such a public forum) but at one point we decided we wanted to rip her hair out strand by strand. I'm sure she's a very nice person away from here...

It was so bad that I was actually GLAD to get back to the library and my normal, everyday activities. There is this really strange man who comes in and stares at me. I mean, he's walking past the desk and almost runs into people to stare at me. It freaks me out.

In other news, Julia Roberts announced today that she is pregnant with twins. What I want to know is why I'm supposed to care. I mean, I'm happy for her and Danny. If she invited me to the baby shower I'm sure I could clear my schedule. Other than that, not really my concern.

In more "other news", I got completely hooked on this show yesterday. TRIO had a little marathon, and it was highly entertaining. Trouble is, its hit or miss seeing it here in the states. They were showing episodes from Season 1, and I believe Season 4 is now about to start in the UK. I will say this: there are some FINE LOOKING MEN on that show. In all their naked butt glory. Ladies (and gentlemen who are interested in such things) all I can say is.....wow. Hot. Hot. Hot. That's the good news. The bad news is that its available on dvd in the UK. We can't play their dvds. I am VERY sad about that. Hopefully TRIO will come through. Maybe I should write my congressman.

Speaking of congressmen, did anyone else see the dedication of the World War II monument? It was incredibly moving, and all the speeches that I watched were wonderful. Tom hanks, Tom Brokaw, even Bob Dole was good. When what's his name came on, though, I had to turn the channel. How many more days until election day?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home