Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, August 10

Almost Done

This is my second to last Tuesday night. I can't say that I'll be sorry to see them go. I certainly love not coming in until 1, but the nights have been extremely slow this summer. Nothing makes time go by slower than not talking to anyone. Of course, I have plenty of work to keep me warm....

Yesterday was the beginning of the NFL (pre) season with the Hall of Fame game on ABC. I watched the first half. I made the mistake of switching over to the Cleveland/White Sox game during half time and it hooked me until the end. It was 8-0 when I turned it over. Heartbreaking. In that inning, however, the Sox scored 7 runs. 7! It was great! They ended up losing, though, 13-11. It was still a great game.

Liverpool scored 2 in their Champions League qualifier to beat Austrian side Grazer AK 2-0. This game was played, in Austria, at none other than Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium. The return game is on August 24th at Anfield, where Liverpool should lock things up.

Speaking of locking things up, the Patrick Viera-Real Madrid is "reported" to be signed, sealed and delivered by the end of this week. I can't even address the reports of Michael Owen leaving Liverpool and following in his footsteps. I am being willfully ignorant and I'll thank you all to let me continue to be so for as long as possible. I'd much rather be excited that the Liverpool-Tottenham match will be LIVE Saturday morning (at 6:30!) on Fox Sports World. Since I have to work on Saturday, I'll be up that early anyway. Yay me. (Like I wouldn't have gotten up anyway....)

Booknotes, the C-Span show about books hosted by Brian Lamb, is coming to an end. I caught the show sometimes, but seeing as how they had a policy against doing fiction, I didn't watch very much of it. Still, its almost like the end of an era. BL wants to do more things, and that is understandable. I will have to check it out on Sunday, though, when Denny Hastert talks about his book. I think that's my duty as an Illinoisian.

Am I still an Illinoisian if I live in Indiana? I'm not a Hoosier, that's for sure. I'm a woman without a state!

On that depressing note...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home