Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Friday, August 20

Brrrrrr

Its a little bit chilly in the biblioteca today. Its summer, I should be able to wear a short sleeved shirt to work, right? Oh well. I guess I need to go shopping for more clothes.....

Speaking of clothes, there were a wide array at the IBA 1L fiesta last evening. There were also a wide array of people too. I saw some familiar faces from Legal Process, and some familiar faces from admitted students day. I met some new people, and I saw some people I probably will NEVER see again because they're all blasted day students! I had a really good time, even though there were some definite "characters" in that atrium last night.

One thing made me sad, though. When I was picking up my nametag, I noticed one for Josh Claybourn. I don't know Josh personally, I'm just one of his many blog readers. My thoughts and condolences go out to him and his family.

Around my blogverse today:

Lawren has this post about Britney Spears which I found hilarious. Honestly, this is the first thing that has come out of her mouth that I've found interesting since "Slave 4 U" Ask a stupid question, get an honest answer, right? Way to go, Britney. But why was it in her mouth? Practicing her technique?

The Sports Law Blog had this post which raised an interesting question about the Puerto Rican basketball team (specifically) and Puerto Rican national teams in general. I think this is something I tried to post yesterday but Blogger ate it.

Brian promised us giddy, but we got thoughtful and introspective instead. I think there was a little giddiness in there too, though. I have to say, my experience with Metallica is radio experience, but I've mostly liked what I've heard. Maybe I'll have to raid the library collection and see what the fuss is all about! Here is another review of the concert. (But you all know I hate reviews, right?)

Evan, God love him, got me laughing way too early this morning with this post. Better than caffeine.

And be sure and cruise on by Visible Hand's domain and read all about his European Vacation. Stick around for the excellent commentary. One of my favorite blogs.

And, as always, your daily trash talk from the Britain's Daily Sun. This woman was truly an idiot. I mean, "It's every girls' dream in America to appear in Playboy, it's a huge honour. But I didn't realise just what 'impressing' Hugh entailed." Sometimes, I just have to shake my head. Sadly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home