Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, August 17

who's looking out for you

Is Bill O'Reilly going to sue me for using that title?

This is for all the political junkies out there:

Two cool websites for tracking who is getting the money and who they're getting it from.

Follow the Money is one we use in the library all the time. Nearly daily now that the election is coming 'round. This deals strictly with state politics, so plug in a state and away you go. Or, you can browse by ballot initiatives, which can also be fun. Just who game the most to that California recall campaign? Or gave in opposition to it?

The companion piece to FTM is, of course, Open Secrets. Open secrets is for federal elections. For example, using my pet R candidate, James Hart of Tennessee, I can lead you to this page, showing that he has some work to do in the fundraising department.

Or, a little closer to home, I can type in my zip code and see who is getting money from my neck of the woods. Damn, I am in enemy territory!

Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home