Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, August 14

And they're off!

The Premiership 2004-2005 season has started, and Liverpool played an exciting game.....to a draw. Sigh. Well, its better than a loss, and they did look fairly good. I thought they played a much more active style of game. More attacking. Less sitting back and waiting for scoring opportunities to come to them. I wouldn't say that Tottenham's goal was a fluke, it seemed like Liverpool let up on their defense just a little bit in the second half, letting Defoe get in for a score. Still, I didn't leave the game thinking they were lucky to get away with a draw. I left the game thinking more of those shots on goal should have gone in, and that is a big improvement.

Denial no more: Well, Michael Owen has decided to try his luck in Spain. Bad for us? You bet it is. But, that's life, right? I wish him well with his new club, and I hope he fares better with them than Beckham has so far. It does kind of make things easier for both Baros and Cisse, however, with Owen gone. We'll see what happens. I think a lot of players who have sat back and let Owen be the club are going to have to step forward now and take up their share of the responsibility. Again, we'll see what happens. Still, heartbreaking....

And, Gerard Houillier was in the broadcaster's box for the French media. Its too bad I don't speak French. I would have loved to hear his comments on the new look Reds.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home