Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, August 17

Love those Brit Tabloids

I admit it. I'm addicted to Britain's The Sun 'newspaper.' I'm not quite sure if its the equivalent to our National Enquirer, there don't seem to be a lot of articles about alien babies and the like. There seems to be quite a bit of real news, but I've heard it referred to as a tabloid. Maybe that's one of the words that loses something in the translation across the Atlanic. Anyway, they always have hilarious stories or hilarious takes on American stories.

For instance, how about this heart wrenching story about strippers, lap dancers and pole dancers possibly being banned from performing in limos. I'm sorry, but if lap dancers can't perform in limos, what is the point?!

That one didn't tug at your heart strings? How about this story of a rave at one of the Queen's places. She's a wild woman.

And for my male readers (of which there are a few) The Sun has a little something they like to call "Cleavage Week." That is definitely tabloid worthy.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home