Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, April 14

The Fizzy Five

Oh, I'm sorry. That's a manicure I'm going to have at Philipe's Spa. This is something completely different. KP was nice enough to sign me up for this 5 question, short answer quiz. I hope she's not disappointed! :o)


  1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be saved? Well, I don't know. I love so many books, that I have a hard time to choose just one. I think, if I have to choose just one, its going to be a book of Robert Browning poetry. Why? Because he uses words in ways that would, eventually, facilitate more people writing books. I think. There are other books that would be more worthy, maybe, for philosophical grounds, but I think this book would create more books.
  2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? I crush on fictional characters constantly! Gee, I bet you're surprised. Anyone from King Arthur (I'm a huge Arthurian geek) to Terry Quinn from George Pelecanos' books. Alex Summers from the X-Men....I could go on and on and on......I'm very much into character building, which is probably why I'm much more drawn to series books than stand-alone books.
  3. The last book you purchased? Well, I have pre-ordered Harlan Coben's The Innocent mainly because there is a short story in the back involving his series characters that have been MIA for a long time. The last book that I have bought (and received) is The Little Red Book of Firehouse Pranks by Jeff Hibbard. (You all do remember I have a fireman fetish, right?) This book was pretty disappointing.
  4. What are you currently reading? Uh.....you're kidding right? Civ Pro...Con Law..... Seriously, I'm currently reading George Pelecanos' Drama City. Of course, the list of things that I've missed over the course of the year is very long and I'll be indulging over the summer.
  5. Five books you would take on a deserted island: Man. I have no idea. I can't pick five. Seriously. So, I'm going to narrow it down to five fiction books. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Fantasy fiction at its absolute best. Right as Rain by George Pelecanos. Justice by Faye Kellerman. This book has probably one of my favorite all time fiction characters. And, the interesting thing is, he was just a throwaway character that became so interesting, she brought him back in another book. (i'm babbling. I'm such a book geek!) L.A. Requiem by Robert Crais and ......Track of the White Wolf by Jennifer Roberson. (more fantastic fantasy.)

Of course, I could do a list for non-fiction, for classic fiction, for poetry, for drama.....the list goes on and on. I love books. And, while I do like "literature" I'm much more of a regular bookshelf, genre crap kinda girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home