Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, July 12

Not hitting a home run


MLB had a home run derby contest (naturally) and I had Big PapĂ­ and Ivan Rodriguez in the finals, with Ortiz winning. Well, I was half right. Pudge made a great showing for himself last night, and I really didn't expect him to do as well as he did. I know, I just said I had him coming in second. I still didn't expect him to do as well as he did. I was impressed. Ortiz should have saved some of his effort from the first round to put towards later rounds. He was just tired, you could tell. But Abreu?! The man was on fire

This was the best derby I've seen in recent years.

Some other thoughts:

I like Boomer. (Chris Berman, for you non sports freaks.) I know he irks a lot of people both during baseball and football season. I like him. Sorry. I especially like his nicknames.

Is there any correlation between the big push to internationalize baseball and the fact that it was dropped from the 2012 Olympics? One part of me says "Of course there is." But then I think, this has to have been going on LONG before that decision was made, right? So, who knows.

I think Joe Morgan is hilarious.

What was up with the Golden balls? (No, not David Beckham for my five soccer fan readers, out there.)

Who the &%$# gets to go to the home run derby AND leave with a freakin' car?! That was crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home