Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, October 10

Welcome to 1978

Its more towards the end of 1978 these days, but that isn't the point. I'm thoroughly enjoying my time warp field trip. I did hear Cheryl Ladd singing, though, and that was scary. It sounded like she was going for a Olivia Newton-John esque type thing. She missed. Once the 80s hits, I'll just be unbearable! Yeah, Yeah. Laugh it up.

Anyway, not much else going on over on this corner of the world. I had a completely mediocre dinner at Rock Bottom last night. It was very disappointing. Wine was good, though. I had been hoping for mojitos, but wine was all right.

Hop on over to Unnamed Source's spot to see his Love & Hate: Sports edition. Since I'm an unabashed thief, I'll be putting my own version up sometime tonight.

Today was Free (FREE!) day for the booksale. Basically, leftover crap they couldn't sell....... And I wasn't gonna go, but its right down the hall! How can you pass that up?

I should have. I came out of there with five albums. Five. Did I need five albums? No. I didn't. But, you know what? They were free. So there. I also came out with five more Barbara Parker books (for my evil Barbara Parker collection) but I really did need those, right? Um.... no, not so much.

My albums?

I Am Earth Wind & Fire


A classic. But, aren't they all classics?




All 'N All

Another classic, but with my favorite song, Serpentine Fire.

A pair from Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass




I Got a Name
The title song hit the charts in November 1973. If that wasn't reason enough to get it, I happen to love Jim Croce.


52nd Street
This album has my favorite Billy Joel song, Zanzibar. And sure, its got some popular things Big Shot, My Lifeand, to a lesser extent Honesty, but not why I picked it up.


I can't believe I didn't pay anything for these! Strange thing is, there was no jazz there. I would have loved to have gotten a Dinah Washington or Ella Fitzgerald for FREE, but it just wasn't happening today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home