Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Sunday, January 22

Tagged Too

Thanks Amanda!

I actually love this sort of stuff.

4 jobs you've had:

1) Whitey's Ice Cream. My first job, which came as a junior in high school. My parents very much DID NOT want me to work. But, I started in the summer, and then just kept going once school started again. All my friends worked there, and I did get accustomed to having money. And, even after eating every day for nigh on two years, I still love it.

2.) Hardees: Ick. I worked there the summer between junior and senior year in college. I was home for the summer. Didn't have anything else to do. It, at that time, was an all night Hardees, so I did a few cool 11-7 shifts. Only the drivethrough was open, though. You see some crazy post-bars people coming through the Hardees drive through.

3.)UIUC Law Library: I worked here June 1999-May 2000. Right before I came to Indy. This was probably the easiest job I've ever had.....with the nicest boss.

4.) Waldenbooks: I thought I would love working at Waldenbooks, but I HATED it. Hated. Mostly because the manager there wanted ME to be the manager (even though I was only supposed to be working part time) and pushed everything off on me. Opening the store, closing the store, bank runs.....she also thought part time was 35 hours a week. We had a definite difference of opinion there. I only lasted 3 months.


4 movies you could watch over and over

1.) Grease 2
2.) Star Wars
3.) Step Lively (a very early and very dumb Frank Sinatra movie.)
4.) Hollywood Shuffle. (Whatever happened to Robert Townsend anyway?!)


4 Places you've lived

1.) Freeport, Illinois: Just for three years. It was enough.
2.) East Moline, Illinois: the Motherland
3.) Terre Haute, Indiana
4.) Urbana, Illinois (Seeing the whole Illinois theme.....)

4 TV shows you like to watch

1.) 24 (The best show on TV.)
2.) Monarch of the Glen
3.) Great Hotels (on the Travel Channel)
4.) Criminal Minds

4 Places you've been on vacation

1.) Jackson, Mississippi (its hot there.)
2.) Charleston, South Carolina (LOVED it)
3.) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (HATED it)
4.) Baltimore, Maryland (Good stuff, there.)

4 Websites you visit daily

1.) ChicagoTribune.com
2.) Pogo.com (to play a little Turbo 21!)
3.) Travelocity.com (where am I gonna go next.....)
4.) All the blogs on my blog roll.....

4 of my favorite foods

1.) Cheese and Onion Enchiladas from El Sol de Tala
2.) Soft Shell Beef Tacos from Adolph's Mexican food (in the motherland)
3.) Everything I've had at the Grand Lux Cafe in Chicago
4.) Spanikopita from Santorini's.

4 Places I'd rather Be

1.) Athens, Greece
2.) San Juan, Puerto Rico
3.) Cabo San Lucas
4.) Charleston, South Carolina

4 albums I can't live without

You know, I rarely listen to albums anymore. But, if I have to pick four that I like....

1.) Smoke Gets in your eyes: The Best of Dinah Washington. Disc 2, Song 5 is one of my favorite songs in life.
2.) Ella Fitzgerald: The Best of the Songbooks This was my introduction to Ella Fitzgerald, so it will always hold a special place.
3.) Grown and Sexy -- Babyface. Easily my favorite album of the year. Easily.
4.) Green Chimneys: The Music of Thelonious Monk -- Andy Summers Another Great, yet unexpected, album.

Hmmm, I would tag people, but I think everyone I would tag, has already been served.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home