Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, August 17

Not Today's CD


But its recent. I just don't know how I feel about it yet so I have been reluctant to post it. These aren't new recordings, but they were done back when the boss (miss ross!) was filming Lady Sings the Blues. One of my favorite songs of all time is on this cd (Easy Living) so I had to check it out.

Here's the problem: I don't think I like it. I like most of the Supremes stuff, and most of the solo stuff she's done. So, why don't I like this? I don't like her voice singing these blues songs. She has a beautiful voice, as most people know, it just isn't.....right. I don't know how to explain it because the songs don't sound bad. You put the cd in, you listen to it, and it sounds fine. Its just unsatisfying. You're wondering what is wrong, and then you realize that the sound and the song don't match. The voice is beautiful. The songs are good. But together? There are some voices that sound good singing anything. This isn't one of those voices. That isn't to say I don't want to hear Diana Ross. I do. I just don't want to hear her singing Easy Living.

I don't know. I'm curious to know what you all think if you've heard it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home