Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, December 22

Somewhat reminiscent of KP's things she's into.....

I'm into:

Jericho. Again, this was something I missed the first time around. Universal HD did a marathon of the first 8 eps and I got hooked. I'm not saying it is a spectacular show, but it is compelling enough that I want to finish the first season.

Damian Lewis. Seriously. Whatever he is in, I'm watching it. No, I'm not kidding. In fact, I'll be watching Band of Brothers over break. Again. God help me.....

Prime Suspect. Helen Mirren. Everyone, literally, the world over has seen this already. So now it's my turn. The great thing about Brit tv is that there are no spoilers on this side of the Atlantic because no one gives a shit. If this were Desperate Housewives, you'd be seeing particular plot twists on every talk show in America. I don't even watch that damn show and I know what is going on just by walking past a magazine rack. Brit tv? Not so much.

Journeyman. I believe this has been cancelled. If so, I can't tell you how bummed I am about it. People kept saying it was too much like Quantum Leap, but I'm wondering if those people even watched the show. Or, for that matter, if they had ever watched Quantum Leap! The two shows have the barest minimum of things in common. Anyway, until I hear otherwise, I'm still very much into this show.

With the writers strike, my tivo has been off the hook a bit. Coming up in January....

Medium is back. Sweet! This will be the first season that I've actually watched the first time around.

I think I'm going to give a pass to the Sarah Conner Chronicles, or whatever the new Terminator show is called. It looked interesting, but not enough for me to devote an hour to it.

The Wire is back. And Def Comedy Jam right after it. Just 'X' Sunday nights right off my availability calendar. I won't be leaving my house.

Jericho is back for season 2. And, if I'm still interested in the show, I'll be watching that. I'm fickle, though, so my love affair with it could be dashed on the rocks by then.

Possible guilty pleasures:

One Tree Hill. I stopped watching this after the first season, but I'm curious about the 4 year jump into the future. I'll probably watch at least the first ep.

American Gladiators. Oh, come on. I'm not the only one who is going to watch this! I loved it the first time around. Yeah, yeah, we all know why. But that isn't the point!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home