Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Sunday, June 27

The Greek Slingshot

They must have had their bibles out, reading David and Goliath at half time, because this was something NO ONE (probably not even the Greek fans) expected. Well, they probably did expect this:




I can't say enough about Fabien Barthez. He's magnificent. But, the French guns (or gunners) weren't firing. They haven't been out this trip. Its a team loaded with superstars, and I don't know if there were ego problems, or what. I wouldn't think so, they are kind of used to playing together. I just....I was surprised by this result, and by the way they have been playing in this tournament. I think they are stunned as well. I was at work, so I didn't get a chance to see the game. By the time I remembered to gamecast it, it was nearly over. Still, you can see the result here.



In other news: As predicted, the calls for Beckham's armband sounded almost on schedule. Sky Sports, however, did one of their incredibly accurate polls (because all polls are accurate) and 71% still supported DB as captain of the England team. I honestly have no feeling either way (not being British) and he is awfully nice to look at even with the shaved head....but I don't see any reason why he should step down as captain. Sven, on the other hand, is a different story entirely.

At any rate, its been a very exciting EURO 2004 thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home