Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, June 22

Tuesday is the best day of the week!

Well, it used to be when 24 was still on tv. Now, not so much.

There is a lot of news going on today in the world, but none as important as this. You know, I may be missing the point here, but is this really news? I mean, its news in the sense that we didn't know about it. But, is it important news? It needs to be on the front page of CNN? I don't think this is the most important news event of the day/week/month....

In other non-news, I only have two classes left before the final exam. It seems like these last two months have gone by extremely fast. Now if only the next four years will go by with a similar speed, all will be well. I've been assured, however, that this is not likely to happen.

In EURO 2004 news: France and England both made it to the quarterfinals. England v. Portugal (the home team!) on Thursday. France v. Greece on Friday. Am I thinking about being sick one or both of those days? Absolutely not! That would be wrong of me. It might not stop me, but at least I know it would be wrong! More likely, though, I'll tape and watch later. It isn't like EURO 2004 will be covered during the local news! You know, for something to be the most popular sport in the world, there is precious little coverage in the US Press. I guess we're just not in step with the rest of the world. It wouldn't be the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home