Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, June 21

A Plug for Toshiba

Maybe not so much of a plug if you tend to always see the glass as half empty. But, the AC adapter on my new toshiba laptop just up and stopped working. No warning. Just, nope. Don't feel like it anymore. So, after liberally grumbling about Toshiba, I went to Circuit City and bought a "universal adapter." Now it saidit should work on my computer. $129 later, not so much with the working. So, I check out the toshiba help center loaded on my computer and find an authorized repair service less than five minutes from my house. I call them, explain the problem, and she tells me that they would be happy to send out a replacement adapter. It should arrive on Thursday or Friday. This was on Wednesday afternoon. Friday morning, it was on my doorstep! Wow. I was pretty impressed. I thought I would be without my new toy for at least a week, and it turned out to be only a few days! And, on top of that, it was free. I went back to CC and got my dollars back. Toshiba won me over just like that.

Now let's see if I'll have that kind of luck in class tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home