Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, June 21

Happy Monday

So, do any other law students out there hate IRAC as much as I do? Just wondering. That's probably a bad attitude to have when school hasn't even started yet. I'll work on my attitude, I promise. Just not until after we turn in our final papers on Thursday. I am liking how we can turn these in online. That makes life so much easier. It doesn't make IRAC easier, but it makes handing it in easier.

So, you can probably guess what I did this weekend. I was only average on my last paper, and I prefer to be above average. So, I actually started working on it early. Although, in my defense, I was gone the entire weekend before the last paper was due. But, that's neither here nor there. Above average or bust!

What else did I do this weekend? I saw Tom Hanks in The Terminal. Now, I like Tom as much as the next person, but this was not my favorite movie. He was good in it, don't get me wrong. In fact, I liked all the performances, especially Diego Luna (who you may recognize from Y Tu Mama Tambien and Frida) But, what was wrong with this movie had nothing to do with acting. It was just so ridiculously implausible that it distracted me from the rest of the movie. Its New York City. They can't call in a translator for this guy? He's there for over nine months and they can't get a translator? I mean, come on. And, even worse, they end up using HIM from a translator?! There were parts of the movie that got a laugh out of the audience (me included) but, overall, the bad kept you from focusing on the good. I recommend waiting for video. Just my opinion.

Speaking of videos, I watched Rounders on dvd yesterday. I promise I did work on my paper this weekend! Anyway, Rounders was a great movie. I have recently hopped aboard the Matt Damon bandwagon (next stop, The Bourne Supremacy, July 23) so now I want to see everything that I've missed. I think I purposefully avoided Rounders because it has lots of people in it that I generally like. Ed Norton, John Turturro, John Malkovich. It was a fantastic movie and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. It wasn't anything like what I thought it would be. And,in addition to the above mentioned stars, I was surprised to see the likes of Goran Visnjic (ER); Melina Kanakaredes (Providence); Michael Rispoli (Sopranos) and former Presidential advisor, Vernon Jordan! So, check it out.

Let's see....the sinus infection is fighting back, but I don't think its going to win. Biaxin is a powerful enemy. Other than that, everything is A-OK. Have a good Monday, everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home