Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, June 15

I'm really enjoying...

Kelley Armstrong's "Women of the Otherworld" series. I just finished book 2, Stolen. I find that I am pretty predictable in the characters I prefer, but there aren't any characters in this book that I don't like. Well, other than the ones I'm not supposed to like, of course, but even those aren't so bad. I enjoyed reading this book as much as I liked reading the first one, Bitten. I'm looking forward to the third one, Dime Store Magic, whenever it comes in for me. And, I'm reading them so fast, it isn't even interfering with my law school reading! Although, I suspect that will all change when I have more than one class to read for.

If I had to make a comparison to these books, if you forced me, I would compare them to the early Anita Blake books. I won't say back when those books were good because I still read them. I'll say, back when the Anita Blake series was better. It seems to have lost its way a bit, if you ask me. And, maybe that's just a characteristic of having a long running series. Anyway, if you're interested in werewolves and the like, I would check this series out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home