Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, June 10

HUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMER

Morning!

The Great Liberal Debate:
My attorney has a hummer and, I know, they are the liberal whipping posts right now, but dammit, I still think they're cool. So, when he brought over some papers for me to sign (he lives right around the corner, but....how much did I get charged for THAT?!) I couldn't help but ogle. As I ogle, he couldn't help but ask me if I wanted a ride. (duh!) I think the funniest part was seeing me try to get into it. Many of you out there don't know this, but I'm short. Hummers---not short. It was fun. The stereo was incredible, and ride....incredible. I think I sensed some sadness from it, having to be driven around the city like a pet instead of the wild animal it wants to be. In the end, I felt guilty riding in it. I guess I really am a liberal at heart. (told you, BBS!) Maybe I should take up a crusade "Hummers against City Living" or something like that. "Just say NO to Hummer Carpools." At least it didn't have a car seat in the back. That really would have broken my heart. And at least it wasn't that sickly yellow color. It was a nice, respectable, gray.

Speaking of HH (Hummer Hating):

I know you all watch the Tavis Smiley show, right? Its on PBS weeknights at 11 (or whatever. But you know what time its on because you all watch, right?) Anyway, Henry Rollins will be on tonight. He's an HH, but I love him anyway. You have to just admire a man who does as much as he does for other people, especially veterans. I believe he either just came back from Iraq/Afghanistan, or he's just about to go. At any rate, check him out on that show you all watch.

Euro 2004

So, there is a HUGE game coming up on Sunday. France v. England. Now, I normally only follow the Premiership and internation football that the USA participates in, but I have kinda gotten EURO fever. I can't WAIT until Sunday. I'm glued to EURO news, and who knows what floodgates might open after the big game. Obviously, I'm rooting for England, but France is going to be a huge test.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home