Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, June 7

Book Expo Dos and More

Did I mention the walking? I don't know if it was the walking or the walking w/carrying, but my feet were very angry with me. The carrying was my own fault, of course. I was grabby. I admit it. There was free stuff to be had, and I wanted to have it! I shipped two boxes back this year which is 1 box more than last year. Although, to be fair, the second box wasn't nearly as full....It only weighed 25lbs. The first box weighed 38lbs! Greed is good. Most of it will probably be given away, though. The fun is in the collection, not the keeping.

The food was MUCH better this year than in LA. The convention center in LA (connected to the Staples Center where the Lakers lost game 1 last night to the Pistons) had crap for food. McCormick place had a food court, a restaurant and little booths set up in the exhibit hall. I had ice cream one day. There was no ice cream last year! Cinnamon Sugared Pecans too, but I didn't partake there. The walking, the walking.... on the bright side, though, it should serve as a nice boost for my mini training. Assuming I don't just sit for the next six months.

Sopranos
Yikes. Now what? I guess that's the sign of a good season, when you say "now what?" So that's what I'm saying. It was good.

Phylicia Rashad
She's the first black woman to win a Tony in a leading role?! In 2004?! Congrats to her, of course, but sheesh. That's kinda ridiculous.

Work
Why was my mailbox full when I got back? I was only gone two days! Catalogs, catalog cards, suggestions for purchase, unsolicited books to add to the collection....and at my desk, a big box of paperbacks! Do you think all of these things would have shown up if I had been here? To top it all off, I forgot I had a meeting this afternoon before class. On the bright side, I turned in my reimbursements, and I see a new sleeper sofa in my future.....and coffee table. What, exactly, is the history of the "coffee table?" Anyone know?


Line of the day: On my favorite radio show, Unfiltered, Chuck D had this to say about all the good pub being paid to Reagan now. "They're trying to turn a rat into a hamster." Absolutely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home