Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Wednesday, June 9

to study group or not to study group

For our test, which we aren't supposed to be studying for, some people are getting a study group together. I opted out this time, mainly because I had to come home and do some things and pick up my book expo boxes (yay!!!) But, I don't know if I would want to study in a group. I mean, the potential for disaster there (especially with the types in our class. mr. x for example) is enormous. Yet, it would be nice to have a group of smart people to bounce (or steal) ideas off of. I guess what it comes down to is that I want to study in a group full of people smarter than me. But then, why would they want me in their group? The short answer is: the wouldn't. The long answer is: they would not. I'll ask around and see how it went. I think it will be different when school starts in the fall and I'm in with a group that has similar (or even more) outside responsibilities. I think they'll be more likely to take things more seriously. Of course, that could just be me being incredibly prejudicial against my fellow younger students. :o)

For those of your keeping score on the other thing:
And I know a few of you are, my sister apologize to me today for leaving me at the McCormick Center. I suspect my dad got hold of her and made her feel guilty. Or, maybe she just realized she didn't tell me where she was going, she only thought she had. Who knows. I think that was the end of our traveling days. Its too bad because I was really looking forward to our trip to Jackson, MS next year. I can tell you right now, I have no plans on going anywhere with her again. Dog bites you the first time, shame on the dog....

Lastly, I have no more fun old ads today. The book has gone home to its rightful owner. So, instead I give you gross stories about random acts of painting (see post below) and a link to another great time waster. I could play this game all day. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Off to study!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home