Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, June 10

The Big Day

Well, that's it. Our first test is over and done. I think I will be opting to take future tests (when available) on pc. You know, its a shame really. I used to be able to write for hours on end, no hand cramps. Honestly. Hours. There are some in the world who can vouch for that statement. Now, I was writing for about a half hour and my hand started to hurt. Its shameful, but that's progress, I guess. And, while I like my handwriting, there may be others who don't, namely professor chestek.

But anyway, the test. It was, I guess, your typical law school test. Here is a scenario, tell us what the outcome should be. Identify the ratio decidendi in such and such case, the major rd in this case, a minor rd in this case and which rd from all these cases would most conform to stare decisis, therefore the one we should apply to our own case. I didn't think it was so bad, which probably means I failed. BUT, the up side is that this is just a practice test. Of course, no one wants to be the lame-o who bombs the practice test, do they?

All in all, I think I did all right. I am SOOOOO glad that I'm taking this class this summer, though. A nice, gradual learning curve is good. I know you'll all be waiting with bated breath for the results. I have no idea if we get them back on Monday or not. Plus, we also have our first graded papers outstanding yet. I'm MUCH more concerned about that than this test. Graded vs. Ungraded.

Okay, I'm off to watch the Piston whip some Laker behind. Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt (!) to go see three, yes three, movies. Troy, The Chronicles of Riddick and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkabahan. We'll see, eh? I already bought tickets to all three, so I'm going to give it my best shot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home