Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Sunday, June 27

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof is on Fire....

Evening folks,

Today, for a Saturday, was much busier than I intented. Laundry, slipcovering chairs, and I watched 3 movies! Two at home, one in the theater. I KNOW I will not have time to keep up once school starts in the fall so I'm getting all caught up right now. At home it, unintentionally, turned into a Keanu Reeves day with Matrix: Revolutions and Something's Gotta Give. Now, I'm as much a romantic as the next girl (well, maybe not) but I HATED the end of Something's Gotta Give. Loved the movie up until the end. Everyone in the world has probably seen this before me, but I'm still not going to spoil the ending. I was not impressed. Matrix Revolutions was good.

In the theater I saw Fahrenheit 9/11. Wow. That was an intense movie. I have to disagree with Mr. Moore, however, on the rating of his film. He wanted a PG-13, but it deserved the R rating that it got. There were some intense injury scenes showing real violence against real people. Its amazing to me how anyone, ANYONE, could vote for Bush in 2004. As a Democrat, of course, I didn't vote for him in 2000 either, but I could see how some Republicans could get pulled in by party loyalty. They saw an end to the 8 year Clinton tunnel, and were looking forward to one of their own in the White House. Little did they know, huh? But now, four years later, I just don't see how they could vote for him again. I know, I know. They don't think he's done anything wrong. Some of them don't think he's done anything wrong. There are also some VERY unhappy Republicans out there, and I'm hoping their conscience will help them pull the opposite lever. Bush has got to go. However many times I have to vote.... Its amazing how far the United States has fallen in four short years. Credibility in the International community? Gone. Gone, right out the door with jobs, civil rights, personal freedoms....

Which reminds me of one criticism I had about Michael Moore's movie. No mention of librarians. Just who have been on the front line as far as fighting the Patriot Act? That's right, librarians. Not a single mention of us in the movie. Dammit, where are our fifteen minutes of box office fame?!

Ah well, other than that, it was a great movie. Highly recommended, but you were all gonna see it anyway, I know. You don't need my endorsement. Just remember, though: A vote for Bush is a vote for John Ashcroft. If that doesn't scare you, please stay home on Novemeber 2nd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home