Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, August 21

Busy Saturdays

I did a few things today, and I didn't do the one thing I said I wanted to do today. I was supposed to go look for a new couch today. Nope. Didn't do it. Maybe tomorrow. Then again, maybe not.

I woke up early and caught most of the Southampton-Blackburn game. Controversial. I don't know enough about the game to know if the penalty was warranted or not. All I can say is that it made for an exciting match.

After that, I watched the Liverpool-Man City game. I had a lot more invested in that game, and it was equally controversial. Dunne's sending off was, I thought, a little harsh. But, it was his second offense and that's how it goes. He and Baros seemed to be going at it all day. Liverpool made a lot of chances for themselves and if they had cashed in on those opportunities, the score would have been more than 2-1. Harry Kewell makes me nervous. His play is erratic and it was more on the down side of erratic today. I've seen him be brilliant, so I know he has it in him. It just isn't consistent. Steven Gerrard, on the other hand, has really taken over this team. Or, maybe now that Michael Owen is gone, he's getting a little more recognition. Its not "Owen's team" anymore. Whatever the reason may be, Gerrard was in control of that team on the field today. His leadership was tangible, and I think that was one of the reasons why they came out on top today.
On the other side, Shaun Wright-Phillips, coming off his goal scoring turn earlier in the week with the national team, looking great. He has the most amazing footwork that I've seen. And Nicolas Anelka gave me FITS today. Everytime he had possession, I worried. He is a fantastic player, and I'm sure he was turning up a notch or two against his old club. The commentators made a lot of mention about Dudek's awful goalkeeping when Anelka scored, but I think that discounts Anelka's talent. All in all, it was well worth the $20.

Whew! After the game, I went shopping. Nope, not for couches.

After shopping, I came home happy and got ready for the Alumni Association's Welcome to Law School party. More schmoozing, and it was a good time. A little more fancy than last Thursday's soiree, but the same old characters were there. I met a few new people, and, really, everyone was mostly friendly. There were some people there that I expected to be friendly and they weren't. But, for the most part, I think I've made some good friends. I'm excited for orientation on Monday. We have a good group. But, I had to opt out of the after party for this evening. My day started much too early.

I listened to some Colts on the way home. Watching some diving now. Its been a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home