Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Sunday, October 31

Saturday Let Down pt. 2

I have to finish up my favorite 80s cartoons, and then I have to read all about stuff. I think I'm going to need new glasses come the first of the year. I spend WAY too much time in front of a book or in front of a computer or both. But anyway...

Defenders of the Earth -- Flash Gordon, Mandrake the Magician, The Phantom and someone named Lothar....and their kids. Weekday mornings. No wonder I was so sleepy in school!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe -- I watched this a lot, but it doesn't hold up well either. Cartoon network did a remake that wasn't bad. I was totally into this show, though. So much so that I even liked the live action movie. And it has NOTHING to do with the fact that Dolph Lundgren was half naked in it.....

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors -- "There's a power that comes from deep inside of you....." I just remember the theme song from this show. It was super 80s hair band.

Jem -- one of the few "girl" cartoons that I liked. Truly outrageous. I always liked the Misfits. This is disturbing.

Karate Kat -- USA Network had some STUPID cartoons on back in the day. Tigersharks, Grape Ape, JabberJaw.... time I'll never get back.

Kidd Video -- Half live action, Half animation. Another super 80s theme song. More time I won't get back.

The Littles -- so much more catchy than The Lilliputians.

Mr. T. -- Gymnasts were cool.

Pole Position -- Like so many of these, I only remember the 80s-esque theme song to this show.

She-Ra-- I hated this show. Cartoon spin off from He-Man. Just wrong on so many levels.

Shirt Tales -- What I remember most about this show is that Hardees sold stuffed animals characters from it, and we lived really close to Hardees....

Silverhawks -- Everyday after school. A Thundercats Rip off. Thundercats in Space, if you will.

Smurfs -- Is there anyone in the world who didn't watch this show? Ever?

Superfriends -- Best of the 70s-80s cartoons. Its amazing how things like this endure.

Spiderman and his Amazing Friends -- speaking of enduring characters and cartoons...

Thundercats -- Before HO was such a bad word....

Thundarr the Barbarian -- Let's see. A man with a glowing sword, a girl, and a Chewbacca look-alike. Nope, probably never even saw Star Wars.

I watched entirely too much tv. I've seen the error of my ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home