Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Wednesday, November 10

31*

My dad called me at 5:40 this morning for my birthday. He lives in Illinois so they are an hour behind us. That would make it, yes, 4:40! He wanted to be first. Isn't that sweet? Rest assured, I will not be making the same effort on his birthday in a few months! He'd probably kill me if I called him at the same time he called me, although he was sounding incredibly chipper and peppy this morning.


Update: Lunch at Buca di Beppo. I hadn't been there since they opened for lunch. Just as good as I remember.

Update#2: I got an invitation to go salsa dancing tonight, and I think I should have gone. I'm sure going out would make me less tired than I am now, and I'm sure I would have had a good time. And since when do I turn down invitations to dance? Well, since law school, apparently. I thought I was supposed to be learning here!

All in all, the birthday was nice. One lovely classmate (whom I absolutely adore) brought cupcakes in. Another lovely co-worker (whom I absolutely adore) made me a cake. Ass. Bigger. Bad news! The cake was shared among many co-workers. The cupcakes were shared among many classmates, and all was right with the world. I came home to a mailbox full of birthday cards. So, even though I didn't go salsa dancing, it was still a pretty nice day.


*Technically not until 10:55 pm C.S.T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home