Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Friday, November 12

Out of Service

I can't bear to write about inservice day. It was boring, although we did get to Rick's Cafe Boatyard for lunch. I love that place.

Anyway, over lunch I got the offer of a lifetime. Okay, not really, but it was still an intriguing offer. The library has a staff association. Its pretty much useless (sorry!) but it does have a scholarship committee. Now, people usually get scholarships for help towards getting their library science degree, but if you already have that its possible, if you take classes that would directly impact your work, you could get a partial scholarship.

So, if I were to take over the law reference and collection, I could get up to 6 credit hours per year paid for by the staff association. Its not a lot, but its more than what they pay for now. None. So, easy, right? I just switch collection areas and I'm home free.

Not so fast. Did I mention that the collection I do now is Fiction and 800-829 which is all the American and British literature. Yeah, not so willing to give that up for annotated U.S. codes, and Indiana Codes, and the CFR. It would be an interesting collection to be sure, but I don't think the benefits outweigh the loss there. The person who oversees the law collection right now has been trying to get rid of it. She keeps hoping I'll change my mind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home