Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, July 4

Can't believe it

I go away for a few days and people are still talking about that he said/she said bullshit over on Sapere Aude. You're kidding me, right? Pretty soon all kinds of aunts, uncles, third cousins, great grandchildren, or whatever the hell will be professing the good of one side and the meanness of the other. Give me a break. All sides need to get the fuck over yourselves. I don't believe SA was meant to be a personal "my side is better than your side" forum. It has gone way beyond the merits of the case. Way beyond. And if this is the best that either side has to offer, then that, in itself, is evidence of a much larger problem. I applaud Mary Mitchell (and the other unnamed voters on both sides) for, *as far as I can see, staying out of it.




*I have not been keeping up with all the media coverage of this issue. So, if others I just thanked really have not stayed out of it, I reserve the right to take my thanks back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home