Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Friday, July 1

Greetings from MD


While the wedding party is doing the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner, I'm typing this while looking out over lovely Bethesda, MD. When I talked to the groom (my cousin) today, he said he wasn't nervous. When I talked to the bride, she looked absolutely excited and radiant. So, I get the feeling that everything is going as planned. I bought two outfits for the wedding, and we'll see what the final choice ends up being tomorrow evening. The wedding is at 6, so I'm sure I'll be making my decision around 5. I'm very much looking forward to it.

But, seeing as how the wedding isn't 6 in the evening, I need something to occupy my day tomorrow. I absolutely LOVE the MD, DC, VA corridor. In fact, its really only a fluke (a bad one that turned out to be okay) that I live in Indianapolis at all. I was hired by the Enoch Pratt library in Feb 2000, and would be living here today, I'm sure, if that had gone as planned. But, it didn't. That is a story for another day. Anyway, the upshot is that I love visiting out here, and never have quite enough time to do and see everything that I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home