Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, November 1

Sweet nothings


emphasis on nothing.....

Happy November, everybody! It looks like we're going to be eased into the month with warm temps. WHOOO! Gotta love the 60s!

Ahem. Anyway....

I'm constantly bombarded with stupid book titles. Puns and the like. Mostly, these are mysteries. Its all in the advertising, though, right? "Knit one, kill two" is going to make people buy the book? It seems so. This one was actually clever, though: Voicemale: What Husbands really think about their marriages, their wives, sex, housework and committment. Of course I'm going to read it. What a silly questions!

On a hotter note, two of my favorite classical musicians were on Saint Paul Sunday a few weeks ago. I would feel bad that I missed it, except I've never ever HEARD of Saint Paul Sunday. Anyway, Zuill Bailey is probably my favorite cellist, even if he's not quite as good as Rostropovich. He's certainly hotter. Hey, hot counts. Sorry. Awadagin Pratt is most definitely my favorite pianist. I don't really like classical piano, but you can't help but like when he plays. He is amazing. Together, the two of them are amazing. I highly recommend clicking the link and having a listen. Its part interview with the two of them, part performance. If you're interest in classical music but have no idea where to start, or if you think you have absolutely no interest, I think you'll like it. If you like classical music already, I'm not telling you anything new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home