Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Wednesday, July 26

So Friday....

I arrived in Detroit. It was about a 45 minute flight, and before they were even done serving the complimentary drinks, we were preparing for landing. Sweet! My sister picked me up at the airport and we drove back to Ann Arbor where we were staying. (She was there for a conference.)

Lunch at the hotel (and a little Divorce Court in the room) and then into the big city! My sister is the one that is directionally astute, but we still got lost. Ha. But, we finally made our way to Comerica and there were lots of cool buildings around. Here is one. I"m not sure what it is.


Love the mural, though. The Detroit Opera house is right across the street from Comerica Park and I thought that was pretty funny too.

The ballpark is beautiful. And, we had fantastic seats. FANTASTIC. We sat in their "Tigers Den" section and instead of bleachers we had pseudo patio chairs with cushions. There were four seats in our row, and between two chairs there was a little table for resting snacks. We had a waitress working our area, but that was truly unnecessary because if you went up six (or so) steps, you had a plethora of food items at your fingertips. We were there early enough to catch batting practice.



The other two people sitting in our row was a husband and wife who were the most friendly people ever on earth. I can only remember the husband's name (Doug) because he was sitting right next to me and we talked the whole time. He is a huge Tiger's fan, and filled me in on all the things I didn't know. I love knowledgeable people! And, of course, it came out that I was a Sox fan, and he gave me a great deal of ribbing about it, but all in a very nice way. Really sweet guy. I learned a lot about baseball that night, I think.

After the game were the fireworks. And the carousel inside the park was still a hot attraction even after the game.




All in all, it was a great night. Even my sister, who is not a huge sports fan or a huge fan of blowing money on stupid things, agreed that the $60 tickets were worth every penny. I might get used to having good seats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home