Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, October 14

But not for me


HBO Latino makes their own tv. Who knew, right? I figured they just showed regular HBO things, but in Spanish. And, I'm sure, they do that as well. But, they also have this show called Epitafios, which is now on DVD. I don't know how I came across it, but the library owns it. I checked it out, and watched the first episode last night.

Great show......but not for me. Its about cops and serial killers, shot in Argentina.....very noir-ish, all good things. Right up my alley, right? Well......believe it or not, its a tad bit too graphic for me. Yes, yes, its true. I think I'm becoming a wus in my dotage.

In the first episode, there was a headless body, a bodyless head, four charred teens, and a cop mauled to death by two dogs. Just.......no. I want to see what happens, but not enough to see the escalating violence. And the violence has to escalate because they're chasing a serial killer. Nope, not for me. But, if that sort of thing doesn't bother you (and you're not all anti-subtitles) I do suggest you check it out. It was a great way for me to practice my Spanish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home