Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Wednesday, June 30

I Pledge Allegiance to the RNC

We get the most interesting things at work! Today, I got my hands on an "Emergency 2004 Republican Platform Survey" (Thanks BBS!) Right off the bat they ask for cash. Okay, seems to be the same as any other Political mailing. It moves on to General Demographic info, and then we get to the good stuff. Just so I don't have to fill it out and hand it in, I'll post my answers here.

1. Do you support making President Bush's tax cuts permanent?
Um....no.

2. Do you support a complete overhaul of the tax code?
Well, I suppose. What did you have in mind?

3. Do you favor the elimination of the estate or "death" taxes?
DEATH TO TAXES!

Okay, that was easy! On to Section 2!

1. Do you support renewing the Patriot Act--which gives President George W. Bush the resources needed to win the war against terrorism here in America?
HELL NO! Renew?! RENEW?! Does he support renewing the Patriot Act? He just lost my vote.

2. Do you think the U.S. Congress should place tougher penalties on illegal immigration?
Would that be tougher penalities on Cuban illegal immigrants or Haitian illegal immigrants....

3. Do you support President Bush's efforts to rebuild our national defenses so we can win the war against terrorism?
Does this have anything to do with a color coded fear system? Color me Blue for "cool to this idea."

All right! Another section down. Let's move on to Domestic Issues! Only 2 questions here!

1. Do you support President Bush's Medicare plan, which lowered the costs of Prescription Drugs for America's seniors?
I would have if it had lowered the prescription drugs for America's seniors. I guess that is a no.

2. Do you think parents should have more of a say in their children's education?
I don't have kids, but I was one once. I seem to remember my parents have a whole LOT to say about my education. Of course, I actually was there every day and not sent off to some posh prep school where they only saw me on holidays.

Okay, done with dirty domestic issues. (And my therapeutic venting about nosy parental overinvolvement in my schoolaffairs!) Let's move on to Social Issues!

1. Do you support a Constitutional Amendment officially defining marriage as only between a man and a woman?
Well, the Constitution is a little boring in that it always is granting those pesky rights. Its about time we took some away! What? We tried that already? Well, how did it end up? Repealed? Oh.

2. Do you support the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms?
I plan to keep and bear both of mine, so I guess yes.

3. Do you continue to support the ban on Partial-Birth Abortion?
This is a leading question!

Whew! Seems like I just barely made it out of that section. Republicans ask tricky questions. This next section looks like its multiple choice!

1. Which three (3) of the following issues are most important to you?
Creating jobs (high paying ones or minimum wage?)
Lowering Taxes (for the rich or for everyone else?)
Improving Health Care (for the rich or for everyone else?)
Protecting our Homeland (I like this one!)
Saving Social Security (from who?)
Stopping Homosexual Marriage (stopping it from what?)
Fighting Illegal Immigration (I'm a lover, not a fighter.)
Other _______________

2. In general, what is the political orientation of your neighborhood?
Very conservative
Slightly conservative
Moderate/Independent
Slightly Liberal
Very Liberal Does this disqualify me?

3. what are the three types of campaign communications the Republican Party should focus on in your area?
TV/Radio Ads
Yard Signs
Rallies/Events
Door-to-Door
Direct Mail
Telephone
Email
Other_None of the above?_____________

4. What is your main source for campaign news and information?
Television
Newspaper
Internet
Radio
Magazines
Other______________

Whew. Well, I got through that minefield as well. Last Section! Again, just two (2) questions.

1. Do you continue to support President George W. Bush for a second term in the White House?
No. (and its still a leading question!)

2. Do you want the U.S. Congress to continue to be led by our Republican Majority?
No.

Another plea for bucks, and there you have it! The Emergency Survey! Run right out and find a copy to send it. I'm sure they would LOVE to hear from both of my readers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home