Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, June 28

Monday Morning Blues

Greetings--

Life in Indianapolis is good today. The sun is shining, the weather is warm (but not hot) and it seems like everyone wants to wear their "friendly face" today. Library patrons (aside from the crazy lady in this morning) were all on their best behavior. What more can a girl ask for in a workday, huh?


So, we got our July-December 2003 bookstock reports. The people who don't find the soccer news of interest, will probably find this interesting. I have widely different people reading this blog, I've found. ANYWAY, bookstock reports. This is the fascinating report that tells us how many items we have in our area, and how they often they circulate. There are 23 branches in our system, but this report is just for the specific building where I work. (Central.) What this report tells me is that my area has expanded. Dramatically. In the Jan-June report, I had 53154 items. Not bad. Now, its 77840! I have more items in my section than some small libraries have in their entire library! All of this is leading to the fact that:

I need a raise.

I won't bore you (anymore) by going into why I have such a large collection. And, once school starts, it'll be interesting to see just how much gets done with this large collection. If I can't get a raise, can I get an assistant? I'd rather have the money, though.

In other news: Liverpool accomplished one of their major summer objectives, by getting Steven Gerrard to stay put at Anfield. We needed this one, and I'm hoping that this will lead to Michael Owen following suit. I'm having a good feeling about this year. New blood swirling around, healthy (hopefully) players and a new outlook on the game. Viva Benitez indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home