Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, July 1

Change is Good!

Happy July, everybody. To commemorate this occasion, which only comes around once a year, I've linked to some new blogs along the left side. They are, roughly, in the order that I check them. My favorite right now, by far, is Visible Hand. Laying aside the sad fact that he's an Arsenal fan, its a great blog to read.

In other news, today is the last class of my summer Pre-L session. We have a final. Its part MC (multiple choice) and part Essay. Now, the essay part won't be that bad. Its the multiple choice that has everyone worried. What, exactly, are they going to be asking us about? If this was a more defined class, more structured, then we would have an idea of what kinds of questions would be asked. As it stands now, the only thing I can be sure of (I think) is that we're going to be asked a lot about the judicial system. The who, what, when, where and why of federal and state courts. I'll let ya'll know if my predication is correct.

Fox Sports World, one of my favorite websites, has redesigned and it stinks! I am extremely disappointed because this was a must visit site. Now its been incorporated into the larger FoxSports umbrella, and you can imagine (in the U.S.) where soccer fits. Sigh. That's just one more weblink I'll have to change on my site. Its neverending!

Speaking of EURO 2004, Portugal won their semi-final over the Netherlands yesterday and hopefully I'll have some pictures up later tonight. Today is the Greece-Czech Republic matchup. And, while I'm normally all about the underdog (Greece) I am really liking this CR team as well. That has a lot to do with the two Liverpool players on that team, though. And, after the season Milan Baros had last year, I want to see him do well. This is a good way to make an impression on the new boss before getting back to England.

And, in other Liverpool news, Djibril Cisse, from Auxerre, has joined the team. Now, most of you know I am a HUGE Milan Baros fan, so I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing for him. Its definitely good news for Liverpool, unless there is irreparable friction between Cisse and Owen, or Cisse and Baros or whatever. I'm going with the positive thoughts, though, and I am really looking forward to seeing him on opening day.

That's it, folks. Time for work. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home