Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Saturday, July 31

Watermelon Water

It sounded like an interesting idea at the time..... I wouldn't recommend it, though. Trader Joe's had these bottled waters with different flavors. My aunt and uncle are always willing to try new things (they loved Trader Joe's!) and so they decided to buy a bottle of this to see what it would be like. It was not tasty. You don't really expect it to be, I guess, but its always sad to have that confirmed. So, Watermelon Water: Just say no.

Other than that, it was a good weekend. The behemoth tv is gone, and my dad is enjoying it immensely. He has it all unloaded and hooked up, and he may never come up from the basement again. On Thursday, we all went to one of my favorite restaurants, Charleston's Grill. The first three times I was here, it was fantastic. The fourth time, it was TERRIBLE. I was so disappointed. This time, it was back to its usual greatness, and everyone enjoyed it. I was very glad because if I took my family to a bad restaurant, I'd hear about it for a long, long time. I highly recommemend this place, and be sure to have order the honey butter croissants. You can't go wrong there.

On Friday, we went downtown, despite the rain. We met some friends from work for lunch at Judge's Tip of the Rib barbecue. I don't like barbecue sauce so that kind of rains on my bbq parade, but I LOVE Judge (and his peach cobbler.) Everyone had a good time, and people in the City Market kept coming over to see who we were because we were having such a good time. Our trip to the Slippery Noodle was derailed, however, due to the icky, rainy weather.

Saturday, we were up early and at the Broad Ripple Farmer's Market. I don't know where these peaches come from, but they are fabulous. There are also peaches at the City Market Farmer's Market that are great.

Everyone left today and I already wish they were back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home