Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Wednesday, August 25

Things not to do on the 1st day of School

Have a tooth pulled. I was at the oral surgeon bright and early (well, nine) this morning to have this done. It hurts. He was very good, and has been practicing as long as I've been alive. The experience of having it done was better than I had anticipated and, the funny thing is, he said I probably had to be the happiest, most smiley patient he's had in awhile. I hear that smile thing all the time so this is no surprise. Life is too short not to smile a lot. ANYWAY, it still hurts. He prescribed the Brett Favre cocktail (Vicodin) but I don't believe I'm going to be filling that prescription. I need all of my faculties to get to work and to school and home again. Today, we're going with extra strength Excedrin. If that doesn't work....well, then I may reconsider the evil V pills. Now I just need to go find some mashed potatoes and Ritters' Custard....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home